FIRST WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - MARCH 2022
- Government of India (GoI) has launched ‘Operation Ganga’ to evacuate Indian citizens from Ukraine against the Russia-Ukraine war.
- The 3rd Edition of the annual joint military exercise, ‘EX DHARMA GUARDIAN-2022’, between India and Japan is being conducted at Karnataka.
- Union agriculture minister Narendra Singh Tomar launched the central government’s ‘Meri Policy, Mere Hath’, a doorstep crop insurance policies distribution drive under Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) is set to introduce a new star rating system, the “Health Star Rating System”, for packaged foods.
- Herath or the ‘Night of Hara(Shiva)’, generally known as Maha Shivratri, is the main festival celebrated by the Kashmiri Pandits across Jammu and Kashmir(J&K). The festival marks the marriage anniversary of Lord Shiva and Goddess Uma
- The indigenously-developed India’s first Train Collision Avoidance System (TCAS), “Kavach” was successfully tested by Indian Railways. This system will help the Railways achieve the goal of ‘zero accidents’.
- Health Canada, the department of the government of Canada responsible for national health policy, has approved the use of Covifenz, the world’s first plant-based COVID-19 vaccine for adults aged 18 to 64.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between India and Nepal for long term supply of Urea and DAP (Di- ammonium Phosphate) fertilizers from India to Nepal.
- Former Australia cricketer(wicketkeeper) Rodney William Marsh (Rod Marsh) and Shane Keith Warne(spinner) has passed away.
SECOND WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - MARCH 2022
- ‘SLINEX- 21’, a Bilateral Maritime Exercise between Sri Lankan and Indian Naval Forces is being held at Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh.
- Bangladesh- Bhutan-India-Nepal (BBIN) Motor Vehicles Agreement (MVA) is in process. MVA aims to boost regional trade and people-to-people connectivity by fostering greater sub-regional cooperation.
- Odisha became the top state in the list of full immunization in India with 90.5 percent coverage under Mission Indradhanush.
- ‘PARAM Ganga’ with a supercomputer with a capacity of 1.66 Petaflops (Peta Floating-Point Operations Per Second) has been installed at IIT, Roorkee.
- United Nations (UN)’s International Women’s Day (IWD) is annually observed across the globe on 8th March to recognize women’s achievements. The theme of International Women’s Day (IWD) 2022 was “Gender equality today for a sustainable tomorrow”.
THIRD WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - MARCH 2022
- First Women Finance Minister of Assam Ajanta Neog presented Assam’s Rs 600.36 crore deficit budget for 2022-23 at the Assam Legislative Assembly.
- United Nations (UN)’s World Water Day is annually observed across the globe on 22nd March to celebrate water and focus on the importance of freshwater.
- United Nations (UN)’s World Meteorological Day is annually observed across the globe on 23rd March to create awareness about the environmental condition of our planet.
- Union Minister Nitin Gadkari launches India’s 1st Green Hydrogen-based FCEV in New Delhi
- World’s most advanced Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) powered by Hydrogen, Toyota Mirai, was launched in India by the Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) in New Delhi, Delhi.
- Visakhapatnam Railway Station Becomes 1st Station in East Coast to Implement ‘One Nation, One Product’.
- Cricketer Suresh Raina Felicitated with ‘Sports Icon’ Award at Maldives Sports Awards 2022
- NITI Aayog Bestows the Fifth Edition of WTI Award 2021
- 2022 Sportstar Aces Awards: Neeraj Chopra & Mirabai Chanu honoured with ‘Sportstar of the Year award
- Badminton: India’s Lakshya Sen Won Silver in Men’s Singles at German Open 2022
FOURTH WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - MARCH 2022
- Bihar became the first state to introduce the concept of a dynamic map for villages, which will be updated every time land ownership changes hands.
- Ministry of Ayush (MoA), Government of India has signed an agreement with the World Health Organization (WHO) to set up the Global Centre for Traditional Medicine (WHO- GCTM) in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) has been extended for another six months till September, 2022.
- Surat in Gujarat became India’s first city to get a road that is made out of steel waste.
- 94th Academy Awards (Oscars 2022) was organised. Will Smith has won the Best Actor. “Dune” directed by Denis Villeneuve leads has bagged 6 awards.
- Indian Weightlifter, Padma Shri Saikhom Mirabai Chanu, who became the first Indian weightlifter to win a silver medal at the Tokyo Olympics, has won the 3rd edition of the BBC Indian Sportswoman of The Year (ISWOTY) 2021.
- North Korea has test fired its biggest Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM), Hwasong- 17.
- India successfully tests fired a surface-to- surface ‘BrahMos’ supersonic cruise missile. It is jointly developed by Russia’s Federal State Unitary Enterprise NPO Mashinostroyenia (NPOM) and India’s Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
- Earth Hour is observed annually across the globe on the last Saturday of March by turning off the lights between 8.30 pm to 9.30 pm (Local Time) as a symbolic gesture towards the commitment to preserve the Earth and to support actions against Climate Change.