FOURTH WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - JUNE 2022
- Narendra Modi inaugurated the new premises of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MoCI)namely ‘Vanijya Bhawan’, and launched a new portal NIRYAT (National Import-Export Record for Yearly Analysis of Trade) during an occasion in Vigyan Bhawan in New Delhi, Delhi.
- The Government of India launched Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) on 20th June in 2020 for a period of 125 days with a resource envelope of 50,000 crore rupees to boost employment and livelihood opportunities for returnee migrant workers in the wake of COVID-19 pandemic. The scheme has completed 2 years in 2022.
- On June 24, 2022, the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) organised a virtual event to celebrate 7 years of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U) to highlight the important initiatives implemented under PMAY-U Mission. The event was presided by Shri Manoj Joshi, Secretary, MoHUA.
- Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM)-Urban 2.0, which is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA), has launched the Revised Swachh Certification Protocols for ODF
- Amid the protest against Agnipath Scheme (to recruit soldiers only for 4 years), The government of India (GoI) has granted a one-time waiver for the proposed recruitment cycle for 2022 and increased the upper age limit for the recruitment process for Agnipath Scheme for 2022 from 21 years to 23 years.
- On June 27, 2022, NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s report titled ‘India’s Booming Gig and Platform Economy Perspectives and Recommendations on the Future of Work’ was launched by its Vice Chairman Suman Bery, CEO Amitabh Kant and Special Secretary Dr. K Rajeswara Rao.
- The 34th session of the International Co-ordinating Council (ICC) of the Man and the Biosphere (MAB) Programme of the UNESCO held at UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France from 13th to 17th June 2022 approved to add 11 new biosphere reserves in 9 countries to the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) World Network of Biosphere Reserves.
- The 26th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) took place from 20th June 2022 to 25th June, 2022 in Kigali, Rwanda. Leaders of the Commonwealth countries will conduct the CHOGM every two years.
- According to the New-York based India Festival Committee (IFC), Khushi Patel, a biomedical student from the United Kingdom (UK), has been declared the winner of the Miss India Worldwide 2022, the longest-running Indian pageant outside of India.
- Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has approved the appointment of Parameswaran Iyer, 1981 batch Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer of Uttar Pradesh (UP) cadre as the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog for a period of 2 years or until further orders.
- The Reliance Industries (RIL) Chairperson & Managing Director (MD), Mukesh Ambani resigned from the Board of Directors (BoD) of Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (Reliance Jio), the digital and telecom arm of RIL.
Indian Men’s Hockey Team won the Inaugural men’s Champion of Hero FIH Hockey5s Lausanne 2022 defeating Poland in the finals.
THIRD WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - JUNE 2022
- On 14th June 2022 the first train under the Indian Railways ‘Bharat Gaurav’ scheme was flagged off the maiden service from Coimbatore North railway station, Tamil Nadu to Srinagar Shirdi, Maharashtra.
- Government of India is set to establish “PM Shri Schools” which are fully equipped to prepare the students for future.
- Delhi Airport Becomes India’s 1st to Run Entirely on Hydro and Solar Energy
- Delhi airport (IGI) becomes the 1st airport in India that switched to hydro and solar power for its consumption needs from 1st June 2022, to run entirely on a combination of these forms of green energy.
- The 22nd Edition of the NEXA International Indian Film Academy Awards (IIFA Award) for 2022 was held on 3rd and 4th June 2022 at Etihad Arena in Yas Island, Abu Dhabi.
- On 15th June 2022 India successfully carried out the night launch of a Short-Range Ballistic Missile (SRBM), Prithvi-II from an integrated test range, Chandipur, Odisha.
- South Korea launched its first indigenously built space rocket – Korea Satellite Launch Vehicle (KSLV) II, called as “Nuri”.
- The 4th edition of Khelo India Youth Games (KIYG) 2021 was hosted by Haryana at the Tau Devi Lal Stadium in Panchkula, Haryana from June 4-13 2022.
- Glischropus meghalayanus is a New Species of Bamboo-Dwelling Bat Found Nongkhyllem Wildlife Sanctuary in Ri Bhoi district of Meghalaya.
- Indian Men’s football team captain Sunil Chhetri scored his 84th International goal against Hong Kong during the Asian Football Confederation (AFC) Asian Cup 2023 Qualifiers.
- Indian javelin ace and Olympic Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra has won the gold medal by winning the Javelin throw event (86.69 meters) at the Kuortane Games 2022 in Kuortane, Finland.
- 16-year-old Gurunaidu Sanapathi, from Andhra Pradesh (AP), has won the gold medal at the 55 Kg Men event at the 2022 IWF (International Weightlifting Federation) Youth World Championships
SECOND WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - JUNE 2022
- Cabinet Committee on Security has approved the new scheme called “Agneepath” (Agnipath) for recruitment of soldiers in the Army, Navy and Air orce. This aims to reduce the increasing salary and pensions.
- Russia has overtaken Saudi Arabia to become India’s 2nd-biggest oil supplier next to Iraq.
- On 8th June 2022, Indian women’s cricket team captain, Mithali Raj, announced her retirement from all forms of international cricket, completing her 23 years of an international career.
- India set to launch 1st Human Space Mission Gaganyaan and First Human Ocean Mission in 2023.
- The award ceremony of the “2nd edition of Awards for Excellence in District Skill Development Planning’ (DSDP)” was organised at the Dr. Ambedkar International Centre in New Delhi, Delhi.
- Adani Enterprises Limited and Total Energies to Jointly Create World’s Largest Green Hydrogen Ecosystem
- WhatsApp India has launched the ‘SMBSaathi Utsav’ initiative to help small businesses use digital media like the WhatsApp Business App to handle their business.
FIRST WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - JUNE 2022
- Narendra Modi (PM) released Benefits Under ‘PM CARES For Children Scheme’ for Kids who lost parents to COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The Supreme Court of India has recognised sex work as a “Profession”, whose practitioners are entitled to dignity and equal protection under the law.
- Narendra Modi (PM) inaugurated the world’s first nano urea liquid plant by Indian Farmers Fertiliser Cooperative Limited (IFFCO) at Kalol, Gujarat.
- The government of India Targets to increase Coal Gasification to 100 million Tonnes by 2030.
- Ram Nath Kovind, President of India, has given justice Pradip Kumar (PK) Mohanty the additional charge of Lokpal chairperson after Justice Pinaki Chandra Ghose completed his term as Chairperson of Lokpal on 27th May 2022.
- Former Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar is set to continue as Goodwill Ambassador of United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) working towards the welfare of underprivileged children, for a record 20th year.
- Garuda Aerospace appointed former Indian cricket World Cup (2011)-winning captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni (MS Dhoni) as its brand ambassador.
- PARAM ANANTA, a state-of-the art Supercomputer has been commissioned at Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar (IITGN), Gujarat.
- India has commissioned its first and Asia’s largest International Liquid-Mirror Telescope (ILMT) atop Devasthal hill, in the Indian Himalayas, in Uttarakhand.
- India beat Japan and won the bronze medal at 2022 Hero Men’s Hockey Asia Cup, the quadrennial international men’s field hockey championship of Asia.