1st Week of December, 2021
- India’s first indigenous server Rudra developed by the Centre for the Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) under the National Supercomputing Mission.
- Indian army has received Heron drone the advanced Heron Drones from Israel to monitor the Chinese activities in Ladakh.
- Kazuveli wetland in Tamil Nadu has been declared as 16th Bird sanctuary by Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate change.
- 11th edition of World Migration report 2022 has been published by International Organisation for Migration. It states that global migration has increased from 84 million globally in 1972 to 281 million in 2020.
- South Korea is set to get world’s first sustainable floating city by 2025, a joint effort by OCEANIX and United nation’s human settlement programme.
- Praveen Rao has been awarded MS Swaminathan Award for 2017-1019 for the project named ‘Future Refrigeration India’ aimed at heading the fuel transition in the seafood sector.
- Anju Bobby George wins ‘Woman of the Year’ 2021 award from World Athletics.
- Assam government has conferred the first ‘Assam Baibhav 2021’ Award to renowned industrialist Ratan Tata.
- Indian American Parag Agarwal takes over as CEO of Twitter.
- Indian American Gita Gopinath has been appointed as IMF’s first Deputy Managing Director.
- ‘Sandhyak’, the first of four survey vessels project for Indian navy has been launched in West Bengal.
2nd Week of December, 2021
- National Institution of Transforming India (NITI) Aayog launched the ‘e-Sawaari India Electric Bus Coalition’ in partnership with Convergence Energy Service Ltd (CESL) and World Resources Institute, India.
- The 11th edition of joint military exercise EKUVERIN between India and Maldives was scheduled to be held at Kadhdhoo Island, Maldives in December 06 to 19, 2021.
- North Eastern Development Finance Corporation Ltd, a premier financial institution in the North Eastern (NE) Region, has introduced a new scheme named Atmanirbhar Hastshilpkar Scheme to the grass root Artisans of the NE region under the Ministry of Doner (Development of NE Region).
- Haiderpur Wetland, the human-made wetland of around 6908 hectares in Bijnor, Uttar Pradesh (UP) has been recognised as the 47th Ramsar Site of India and 2,463rd site internationally.
- Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi inaugurated the 1stphase of the Kashi Vishwanath Corridor project (Kashi Vishwanath Dham project) which connects the Kashi Vishwanath temple and Ganga ghats in Varanasi.
- Dubai became the world’s first government to turn 100 percent paperless, the announcement was made by the United Arab Emirate (UAE) Crown Prince, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum.
- Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan Jr & Konkani novelist Damodar Mauzo won the country’s highest literary award, the Jnanpith award for their outstanding contribution to literature. Assamese poet Nilmani Phookan Jr won the 56th Jnanpith Award and Konkani novelist Damodar Mauzo won the 57th Jnanpith Award.
- 21 years old Indian Actor and Model, Harnaaz Sandhu from Chandigarh, Punjab, has been crowned Miss Universe 2021 at the 70th Edition of the Miss Universe Competition held in Eilat, Israel. Harnaaz Sandhu became the 3rd Indian to be crowned Miss Universe.
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Tesla & SpaceX, Elon Musk named ‘Person of the Year 2021’ by Time magazine.India successfully test-fired the Vertically Launched Short Range Surface to Air Missile (VL-SRSAM) from Integrated Test Range (ITR) in Chandipur off the coast of Odisha.
- Chief of Defence Staff (CDS) of Indian Armed Force General Bipin Rawat, India’s most senior defence official died in a helicopter crash near Coonoor in Tamil Nadu.
3rd Week of December, 2021
- India hosted the 8th Edition of the Indian Ocean Dialogue virtually with the assistance of the Indian Council for World Affairs and the Indian Ocean Rim Association (IORA) Secretariat.
- Economic Advisory Council to the Prime Minister (EAC-PM) released the report on the State of Foundational Literacy and Numeracy in India which highlights the importance of early education years in the overall development of a child.
- Union Cabinet has given its nod for proposal to bring uniformity in the marriageable age of men and women, thereby, increasing the legal age of marriage of women from 18 to 21 years.
- Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) Science and Technology Dr. Jitendra granted ‘In-Principle’ approval for setting up 6 Nuclear Reactors at Jaitapur in Maharashtra.
- Prime Minister (PM) Narendra Modi laid the foundation stone of the longest highway in India, the Ganga Expressway in Shahjahanpur, Uttar Pradesh (UP) to offer fast-paced connectivity in India.
- National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and Generation India Foundation (GIF) launched ‘Project AMBER‘at India Habitat Centre, New Delhi to bridge the gap between skilling and employment.
- Justice NV Ramana, Chief Justice of India (CJI) and K Chandrasekhar Rao, Chief Minister (CM) of Telangana has inaugurated India’s First International Arbitration and Mediation Centre (IAMC) at Hyderabad, Telangana.
- On the occasion of Defence Estates Day 2021 i.e.December 16, 2021, Union Minister Rajnath Singh, Ministry of Defence has launched India’s first of its kind Geographic Information System (GIS) based ‘Automatic Water Supply System’ for citizens of Cantonment Boards under eChhawani project.
- National Institution for Transforming India, known as NITI Aayog has signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with the United Nations(UN) World Food Program(WFP) for mainstreaming of millets and supporting India in taking lead globally in knowledge exchange using the opportunity of 2023 as International Year of Millets.
4th Week of December, 2021
- On December 25 2021, on the occasion of Good Governance Day, Union Minister of Home Affairs and Minister of Cooperation, Amit Shah released the Good Governance Index 2020-21 (GGI 2021).
- 4th edition of NITI (National Institution for Transforming India) Aayog’s State Health Index for 2019–20 was released in the report titled ‘Healthy States, Progressive India ‘.
- On 29th December 2021 India welcomed Egypt as the fourth new member of the New Development Bank (NDB) that was established by BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, South-Africa) in 2015.
- Viral Sudhirbhai Desai, an industrialist from Surat, who is popularly known as the Greenman or green man of Gujarat has been honoured with the Global Environment and Climate Action Citizen Award 2021.
- NASA’s James Webb Space Telescope launched from French Guiana, South America.
- Ace Indian skier Aanchal Thakur has won a Bronze medal at the FIS Alpine Skiing Competition in Montenegro.