FIRST WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - AUGUST 2022
- On 21st July 2022, the Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana (PMVVY) completed five years, the scheme was formally launched in 2017 by the Ministry of Finance.
- The Government of India (GoI) has developed a National Action Plan for Mechanized Sanitation Ecosystem – NAMASTE scheme to achieve zero sanitation fatalities in India and to ensure that all sanitation work is undertaken by skilled workers.
- Google has launched an online project named “India Ki Udaan”, featuring the milestone achievements of India in its 75 years of Independence, at an event organized at the Sunder Nursery in New Delhi, Delhi in the presence of the Union Culture and Tourism Minister G Kishan Reddy.
- The International Cricket Council (ICC) announced India will host the 2025 ICC Women’s One Day International (ODI) World Cup. Reportedly India, Bangladesh, England, and Sri Lanka were named as the four hosts for ICC women’s white-ball events from 2024-27.
- Assam Chief Minister (CM) Himanta Biswa Sarma launched ‘Mission Bhumiputra’ a digital way to issue digitized caste certificates to students. The mission is implemented by the Departments of Tribal Affairs (Plain) and Department of Social Justice & Empowerment, Government of Assam.
SECOND WEEK OF CURRENT AFFAIRS - AUGUST 2022
- As per the Ministry of Finance notification, those who pay income tax will not be allowed to enrol in the Government’s Social Security Scheme Atal.
- Agasthyamalai Elephant Reserve became 5th Elephant Reserve in Tamil Nadu.
- Indian Men’s Football Team (The Blue Tigers) captain Sunil Chhetri was named the 2021-2022 All India Football Federation (AIFF) Men’s Footballer of the Year for the seventh time.
- Pooja Ojha wins India’s first ever medal at Canoe Sprint & Paracanoe World Championships.