CSR Activities of OIL
OIL’s CSR projects and programmes are focused on several key thrust areas such as Healthcare, Drinking Water and Sanitation, Education, sustainable livelihood, capacity building and Empowerment of women, skill development, rural sports, environmental sustainability, augmentation of rural infrastructure, etc.
Operational areas– Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Rajasthan, and Andhra Pradesh
Healthcare and Sanitation
1) Project Sparsha –
- Started in 1980s,
- Community welfare project.
- The mobile dispensary services in OIL operational areas in Assam and Arunachal Pradesh.
- Mobile health camps are organised in remote areas where access to primary healthcare is a challenge.
2) Project Arogya
- Launched in 2012-13
- It aimed at reduction of Maternal Mortality Rate and Infant Mortality Rate. (IMR).
3) Mission Anubhav.
- Training of sanitation workers in OIL field headquarters.
1) Project Oil Super 30
- 11 months completely residential coaching programme for IIT-JEE and other engineering entrance exam.
2) Project Dikhya
- Computer literacy programme.
- Adult literacy classes.
3) Project Sakshyam
- Need based support is extended to physically challenged community including students with disability and special needs.
4) Oil Siksha Ratna Puraskar
Sustainable Livelihood Generation
1) Project OIL Rupantar
- To overcome underemployment especially amongst rural youth and women by motivating them to engage in entrepreneurship development programmes exploring self employment opportunities in the primary secondary and tertiary sectors. Self help groups/ joint liability groups
2) Project OIL Jeevika- 2016-17
- Community cluster based sustainable rural livelihood promotion initiative.
- Skill development, up gradation training.
1) Project OIL Swabalamban
- Sustainable employment opportunities in OIL operational areas.
- Skilled based placement oriented training to youth.
2) Capacity building and Empowerment of women
3) Handicraft Training and Production Centre (HTPC)
- Located at Duliajan.
1) Project OIL Urja
- Aims at reducing carbon emissions through the use of renewable energy and prevention of indoor air pollution in rural households through the use of fuel efficient cook stoves.
2) Hoolock Gibbon and rainforest Biodiversity Conservation
3) Sasoni Marbeel Eco tourism project
4) Kaziranga Eco tourism project
5) Smokeless Village Campaign
6) Adoption of rhino calves in Kaziranga National Park
7) Contribution towards Pradhan Mantri Ujjawala Yojana
Preservation and Promotion of Art and Culture
Development of infrastructure